Wednesday, February 27, 2013

FINAL Student Initiated Blog

Dolan:
http://www.dolansblog1.blogspot.com

Tanner:
http://www.tannergiles1395.blogspot.com

Jorge:
http://www.jorgesblogg.blogspot.com

Quinn: Quinn's blog is not working so please post to the comment section below.
For my censorship project I am reading the outsiders. The book is about a fourteen year old boy who just lost both of his parents in a car accident and is living with his two older brothers. Ponyboy is known as a poor kid from the rough side of town. How would you handle the loss of both of your parents with no one to comfort you?

3 comments:

  1. If I had to deal with the loss of both parents alone I would probably end up in a mental institute. I couldn’t handle the loss of my parents. They are the only way I function these days. I would be a coward isolating myself from the world. Without my parents telling me what to do, I would probably not know how to eat with silverware anymore. Then soon I would lose the ability to think. I need the everyday nagging and yelling from my parents to get by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read many books that are like this one (as well as this very book). Losing ones parents seems to be a common theme among teen novels. If I lost both of my parents, I would be devastated. I'd have a big family to help bear the loss, and a brother to comfort me, but it would still be really rough. I'd find a way to get through it, though, because that's what they would want. They wouldn't want me to be sad all the time and dwelling in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I can tell you one thing; if I lost both my parents I would still not bleach my hair. But if I lost both of my parents and no older mentoring figure in my life I would probably go crazy. Hypothetically I’d probably turn to rebellious typical teenager things like drug use; maybe join a female gang filled some tough mamas. I can’t imagine what it’d be like without my parents, not having the constant smell of coffee brewing or having to repeat myself twenty times because my dad has horrible hearing.

    ReplyDelete